Sunday, March 16, 2008

Bishop burning


So, the crew finally made it back to Bishop. This is my second time here and I am going to take it a little easier this year. When Tim, Cody, Beth, and I showed up at the Buttermilks it was freaking frigid, windy, and threatening to snow. We were certainly not climbing here today.
The following morning was still too cold to climb, so head headed to the Happies. We all warmed up in the Headbanger Cave, then headed over to and we all climbed the Gleaner v6 and Cody and I climbed Seringetti v5. I checked out Goldfish and Swordfish Trombone, very cool. I will be back for those. Things were looking good, but then we were evacuated because a fire was threatening the boulders and parking lot. Looks like we will be hanging out at the Looney Bean the rest of the day. See what happens tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brian - great pix of the wildfire. Good talking to you last night and glad to hear you're having a good time. Hope to see you soon. Dad