Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Rest In Peace Casper


A few months ago I got a phone call from my parents in Colorado telling me that our beloved family dog Casper was not feeling too good. He was not really wanting to go on walks and kind of getting lazy. He has had problems with his liver and seizures in the past. Hannah and I saw him a few weeks ago and he seemed some-what normal....maybe a little Add Imagemore tired and not quite as social. I kept telling myself and my parents that he had a couple more years in him.
Yesterday, on my way home from climbing in Lander, I received a phone call from my dad with an update on his condition. He informed me that Casper wasn't doing too well and were planning on putting him down the following day. He said that he hasn't been eating and barely drinking. He would just lay in the shade by his favorite tree. They said that they spent their every minute with him.
Hannah and I decided to pack up and make the 4 1/2 hour drive to say our goodbyes to Casper. We were just getting out of town when my dad called back and said that we may be too late and that they were going to put Casper down within the next few hours. A few hours later I received a phone call that he had passed away. The vet came over and helped him along his way in his favorite little spot by the tree in the front yard.
Some would say that we were crazy for driving over 300 miles to say goodbye to a dog. But Casper was more than a dog, he was a friend. Casper will be deeply missed and I know that some things will never be the same with out him. My heart goes out to my parents and neighbors that were graced by Caspers friendliness and happiness. Some say he was the luckiest dog in the world....I think we were all lucky to have him. We love you Casper.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brian, Thanks so much for helping to bring Casper into our lives :)! We appreciate you taking the time to post your feelings about your little black brother. Love D & C